Careers at the ISTC
Program Coordinator, Illinois Science & Technology Institute
The Illinois Science & Technology Institute (ISTI) is hiring a Program Coordinator who will be responsible for helping to implement ISTI’s STEM education programs and initiatives. This is an ideal opportunity for an enthusiastic individual seeking experience working in the education and nonprofit space on programs that are scaling and achieving measurable impact, in partnership with a diverse set of cross-sector partners.
- Supporting ISTI team in the delivery, execution and growth of our education programs
- Helping to manage relationships with ISTI partner teachers across a network of statewide high schools, as well as industry and academic partners
- Managing STEM Challenge kickoff and mentor engagement events
- Overseeing student-mentor projects on the Mentor Matching Engine, ISTI’s virtual mentoring platform
We are looking for candidates who are highly motivated and possess:
- Effective communication skills – both written and verbal
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Project/program management experience
- 1-3 years of work experience preferred
- Bachelor’s degree required
- A passion for STEM education and social impact
Salary will be commensurate with experience.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to Emily Cooper at [email protected].
About the Illinois Science & Technology Institute
The Illinois Science & Technology Institute (ISTI) is a 501(c) (3) non-profit, and a complementary effort to the Illinois Science & Technology Coalition, based at 1871. The Illinois Science & Technology Institute (ISTI) is a STEM-focused nonprofit that provides programs and partnerships to connect companies with classrooms. ISTI supports schools and companies who want to impact the next generation of innovators.