The ISTC/I role is a full time position working for high-impact organizations focused on science and technology-based economic development. This is an ideal opportunity for a candidate with an interest in the intersection of science and technology, public-private partnerships, state/federal level advocacy, program management, and STEM education. These are exciting times for ISTC/I and our state’s innovation economy and we are looking for a candidate who is ready to support our efforts for real and impactful change.
- Manage the overall operations of the organization, working closely with the CEO
- Financial management of banking, vendors, contracts, memberships, AP/AR, payroll, Quickbooks
- Assist accountant with questions and assist with audit and return preparation
- Work closely with the CEO on financial oversight and preparing financial information in preparation of meetings, budgets, aging, sales pipeline, annual report, etc.
- Understand and support our people policies as needed; we utilize a PEO
- Maintain and support ISTC/I’s social and digital platforms and presence, including managing a highly active social media presence – which includes the promotion of technology and innovation news and activities across ISTC’s network
- Assist in the development and distribution of ISTC publications, including our weekly news brief, monthly e-newsletter Catalyst, and the Illinois Innovation Index, which measures Illinois’ innovation performance across a variety of inputs
- Maintain and update/refresh ISTC website
- Assist in drafting and editing press releases and media outreach as needed
- Support ISTC/I’s Directors, teams and multiple program efforts as needed
- Assist program staff with events such as board meetings, workshops, educational events, data releases, etc.
- Assist in the planning and execution of ISTC/I events, both in-person and virtually.
- Attend events in the community and at ISTC member entities tied to research and development, technology, innovation, entrepreneurship
We are looking for highly motivated candidates who possess:
- Bachelor’s degree in public policy, journalism, communications, business, or relevant science/engineering field
- 1+ years experience with AP/AR, Payroll and financial operations
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- An interest in science and technology, economic development and public policy
- Proactive, problem solver and a champion for our organizations.
- Salesforce, Quickbooks experience
- Proficiency with social media and platforms, specifically LinkedIn, Twitter, WordPress, and HootSuite; Mailchimp or similar software; and design programs such as Adobe Suite preferred
- Proficient in Google Suite
- A strong ability to work independently and self-manage time
- Strong research and writing skills
How to Apply:
Submit a cover letter, resume, and a writing sample, to [email protected]. In the subject line, please include [ISTC/I Operations Manager]. This is a full time salaried position, including a generous benefits package and an exceptional team!