Please join the ISTC and our partners at the Great Lakes Symposium on Smart Grid and the New Energy Economy on Oct 18-19 in Chicago. The Symposium will offer partipants the chance to learn about innovative economic development opportunities, strategies and technologies from around the country; participate in the Midwest Policy Summit; and explore consumer-focused programs at the Path to Perfect Power Track.
This important event will highlight Illinois’ contributions to the new energy economy and celebrate the collaboration already occurring in the Midwest region. If you have not done so already, please register today.
To showcase Illinois’ commitment to the new energy economy, this edition of ISTC Catalyst is dedicated to the institutions and businesses in Illinois that are hard at work developing groundbreaking techniques and products that optimize energy generation, distribution and consumption. We invite you to read more about these initiatives below.
Watch and Listen:
Power2Switch: Comparison Shopping For Electricity
Perfect Power at IIT
- Growing the Illinois Smart Grid Regional Innovation Cluster
- The Clean Energy Challenge Adds $100,000 Grand Prize For Student Business Concepts
- Illinois Institute of Technology’s new Robert W. Galvin Center for Electricity Innovation is Preparing Employees and Students for Technology Changes
- Smart Grid Facts and Figures in Illinois
- Environmental Defense Fund Brings Smart Grid Pilot Projects to Scale in Illinois
- Battery Companies Team Up to Store Renewable Energy
- Coulomb Technologies Picked to Supply Chicago with 180 Electric Vehicle-Charging Stations
- Argonne National Laboratory Makes the Grid Smarter
- The Information Trust Institute (ITI) at the University of Illinois Chooses Alfonso Valdes to Direct “Smart Grid @ Illinois” Research
- Nissan Leaf Blows Into Chicago Area This Fall
Chicago Ideas Week
October 10-16, 2011
Register now to attend programs with R&D leaders including Governor Quinn, Mayor Emanuel, Pandora Founder Tim Westergren, and Pulitzer Prize Winner Thomas L. Friedman.
Great Lakes Symposium on Smart Grid and the New Energy Economy
October 18-19, 2011
Great Lakes Entrepreneurial Bash
November 17, 2011
3rd Annual Burrill Digital Health Meeting
February 13 – 14, 2012