Since 2001, the State of Illinois has invested over $175 million in research, development and innovation activities and provided over $44 million in support for research and technology parks throughout the state (Illinois Department of Commerce and Economic Opportunity). This edition of ISTC Catalyst celebrates the State’s commitment to innovation with two new fact sheets highlighting just a few of the investments that are enhancing Illinois’ global standing as a place where science and technology foster economic growth.
To download the factsheets, click on the images.
Watch and Listen:
How is Illinois well positioned as a Nano Cluster? Jim Hussey, CEO NanoInk
- Illinois Helps Fund New Chicago Tech Center for Startups
- Governor Quinn, Cook County President Preckwinkle and Mayor Emanuel Announce First-Ever Converged Data Site
- Zipcar adding Volts to Chicago fleet
- Sign up on-line to receive the Illinois Innovation Index monthly email. The index is a collaboration of the Illinois Science & Technology Coalition, Chicagoland Chamber of Commerce, the Chicago Metropolitan Agency for Planning and World Business Chicago, with additional support provided by the Illinois Innovation Council.
- Illinois Science & Technology Coalition Elects Chairman Anderson
- R&D caucus highlights NSF’s tie to innovation
- National Geographic Highlights World-Changing Discoveries