The Illinois Science & Technology Institute (ISTI) is hiring a Program Manager to help implement, manage and scale our education programs and initiatives. This is an ideal opportunity for an enthusiastic individual with program management experience in the education and nonprofit space, looking to make an impact in the lives of young people in partnership with a dynamic network of high schools, companies and universities.
- Program management and implementation of ISTI’s flagship STEM Challenge program, which connects high schools with some of the state’s most innovative companies through problem-based design challenges
- Facilitate program execution, including STEM Challenge kickoff events, company site visits and other mentor engagement activities
- Build and manage relationships with ISTI partner teachers across a network of statewide high schools, as well as industry and academic partners throughout the academic year
- Oversee student-mentor projects on the Mentor Matching Engine, ISTI’s virtual mentoring platform
We are looking for highly motivated candidates who possess:
- Effective communication skills – both written and verbal
- Project/program management experience
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to work collaboratively in small, fast-paced environment
- 3-5 years of work experience preferred within the education space
- Bachelor’s degree required
- A passion for STEM education and social impact
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to [email protected]
Preferred start by August 1.