The Illinois Science & Technology Coalition (ISTC) is a member-driven non-profit, nonpartisan organization that harnesses the power of research and innovation to grow the state's economy.
Created by the State of Illinois 25 years ago, the ISTC drives public-private partnerships between industry, research universities, federal labs, economic development organizations, the entrepreneurial community, and government – serving as a convener, catalyst, and champion for the state’s innovation community.
With a growing network of more than 45 members and 30 partners, ISTC is charged with providing a shared voice for the research and technology community and identifying collaborative opportunities to promote business growth and competitiveness through strengthened research, innovation, and entrepreneurship across the state’s key regions and industries. Through membership, ISTC members derive value in a variety of ways.
General Membership Benefits
- Gain visibility by joining leaders in the state’s innovation community across business, research/academia, nonprofit, and government for high profile development activities.
- Participate in public-private partnerships that connect your organization with new business development opportunities
- Help brand Illinois as a state of innovation that attracts top talent, technology, and businesses
Policy Advocacy and Supporting R&D and Investment Capital
Lead development of local, state, and national science, technology, and economic development policy.
- Join broad advocacy coalitions around policies, programs, and funding opportunities that support commercialization of high potential technologies and build capacity across the innovation pipeline.
- Participate in events in Washington, D.C. and Springfield, including meetings with elected officials and policymakers, and policy roundtables that share community perspectives with broad government and community audiences.
- Access ISTC policy team with state and federal funding expertise as well as broad member and partner network to strengthen funding proposal applications and identify and align community partners and resources, increasing likelihood of receiving award.
- Lead or participate in projects across technology sectors, including energy and sustainability, health innovation, advanced manufacturing, civic innovation, as well as cross-sector programs in science, technology, engineering, and math (STEM) education, technology commercialization, and corporate innovation.
- Gain early intelligence on and access to emerging technologies that meet business needs and transform established processes through the Illinois Corporate-Startup Challenge, ISTC's national-award winning matchmaking program that connects global corporations with the entrepreneurial community for mutual benefit.
- Through ISTC’s aggregated database of Illinois researchers, patents, STEM workforce, and collaboration networks, seek targeted research collaborations, licensing opportunities, and joint development partnerships.
- Contribute thought leadership and input into analyses, reports, and data tools that serve to inform and shape the conversation around technology and innovation in the state.
Talent - through Illinois Science and Technology Institute's R&D Learning Exchange
- Amplify your community outreach and volunteerism activities through turnkey STEM programs with Illinois high schools.
- Promote your leadership in STEM with an opportunity to integrate tools and content into existing professional development and outreach programs, and high-quality outreach opportunity to fulfill NSF impact requirements for participating universities.
Interested in becoming a member? Please contact us.